Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Shaart Tum Memri Laass(a.k.a. SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS in English)

Well i saw the much hyped GHAJINI a few days ago.................and i am not a movie critic or something BUT i really felt that the actors and the director didnt do justice to the plot....Seriously for a movie like that theres no NEED for any song sequences and songs like BEHKA,GUZARISH etc. just pop up out of the blue...I mean i saw memento too and thats how you make a movie, just based on the RAW POWER of actors....Anyways!!!

Before you decide that my English is pretty bad(which you might have guessed by the way ive written the heading) I have to clarify that "Shaart Tum Memri Laass" is how Mr. GHAJINI says it in the movie GHAJINI.....no offense all you ghajinis out there but WHO would name their boy GHAJINI..............Anyways just like Mr. Aamir khan suffered from anterograde amnesia I too suffer from "Shaart Tum Memri Laass"............................

Though its of a different kind......I dont forget things every 15 minutes but I do forget one particular thing and i get royally rogered by my friends because of that.....I FORGET DATES and NUMBERS!!!!! NO, seriously I AM pretty BAD at remembering important dates like BIRTHDAYS, EVENTS....you name it!!!!!

Its like you tell me your birthday right now and ask me 5 mins. later.......I guarantee that Ill not remember it.........Its been like this since GOD KNOWS how long and HONESTLY ive been punched, whacked on the back quite a no. of times for forgetting things.....BUT the upside is that i remember other things quite well....like places ive visited, peoples faces AND I HAVE A RETTY GOOD ROAD SENSE..........
The only dates i do remember are my parents' birthdays, my dogs birthday and and......ummmmm YA my birthday. On the contrary my mom remembers everything.....SHES LIKE A WALKING TALKING PHONEBOOK!!!!!!!!!! In fact it so happens that at the starting of the month my mom has to tell me that there are X no. of birthdays coming up of this and this person............GOD!!! what is it with dates anyways????? Its just NUMBERS.........numbers that matter....but still JUST NUMBERS!!!!!!!

Maybe I should start tattooing important dates and phone no's on my body.........AT LEAST its a good enough reason to get a tattoo or is it not......HMMMMMMM.

Anyways my deep dark secret is out, so next time if anyone has a birthday coming up or anything important which i should know about PLEASE PLEASE dont hesitate on giving me a reminder, maybe a day or a couple of minutes before..........coz FRANKLY "Shaart Tum Memri Laass" SUCKS!!!!!

@g@memnon

P.s. DID i mention that sometimes i forget my OWn birthday too!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now when i think of my memory loss.. my affinity for names is pretty bad ..numbers are my strength..anyways...i sometimes pray for a loss of sad memories..
anyways..you turned out to be a good critic.. not to worry \m/

Anandit _ Andy said...

Awesome post dood!

"No offense to all the Ghajinis out there, but who would name their child Ghajini??"

Ha ha!!!

A double thumbs up to this one!!!

The Nutty Optimist said...

@the pink orchid
Ya i kinda feel bad too when i lose out on memories......Anyways THANKS for reading.:-)

@Andy
Hahahaha Glad you liked it!!!